- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3-1/2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the next 6 ingredients to pan; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; add to skillet with water chestnuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return turkey to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice and tomato wedges.
1 cup with 3/4 cup rice: 343 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.