Turkey Asparagus Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3-1/2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add next six ingredients to pan; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; add to skillet with water chestnuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return turkey to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice and tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with 3/4 cup rice: 343 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2018
Very good and not to long to make. The ginger adds nice flavour but may try fresh ginger next time. will make again.
Jun 2, 2017
Love this recipe--the turkey really adds a new perspective on stir-fry. All those good-for-you veggies are a bonus as well. Added some red pepper flakes for a little zing. Highly recommend this recipe.
Jun 1, 2017
We really enjoyed this. It will now be a go to meal in our RV. Very easy.
May 31, 2015
One of our favorites :)
Jul 31, 2014
This was wonderful, very flavorful. Thank you!