Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, sugar, broth, soy sauce and ginger until blended; set aside.
- In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 112 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 11, 2010
Loved the sauce. Even better when I added chicken. If you're in a hurry you can use frozen stir fry veggies too.
Jul 2, 2009
We LOVE this recipe!! I even added about a 1/3 cup sliced bell pepper to the stir fry. One night I added cooked & cubed chicken and served over rice. Another night I doubled the sauce and added bite sized slices of cooked pork loin and cooked multigrain angelhair pasta. My boyfriend's son swore we ordered take out, and he's a picky eater.