Stir-Fried Scallops and Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sea scallops, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Discard seasoning package from ramen noodles or save for another use. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic, stir-fry 1 minute longer. Stir in scallops. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; stir into skillet. Serve with ramen noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2019
Delicious, I love scallops. I did not have a red pepper, so I used thin sliced carrot on the diagonal and sliced mushrooms. Serving over ramen noodles is a brilliant idea. I thought the dish could benefit from a little sea salt, both fine and coarse. Maybe because I am accustomed to Japanese food, which often has a higher amount of sodium. We needed an extra package of ramen, and between the two packages of ramen I did sprinkle a little of the packet of seasoning - maybe half of it or less. I'll definitely make this again, we loved it.
Apr 22, 2015
This was very easy to prepare. I used 1/3 red, yellow & orange pepper to add color...it wasn't abundantly flavorful but I love scallops--I'd probably add more hot sauce next time-but there will be a next time
May 9, 2012
Other than swapping the peppers for shredded carrots, I followed the recipe to the letter. My entire family loved it. It was quick, had a great flavor, and healthy to boot!