Stir-Fried Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the asparagus, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender. Add the almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce and lemon peel; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2012
We liked this a lot. It was easy to make and very flavorful even though I left out the lemon rind (on purpose) and the shredded Parmesan garnish (by mistake). It really didn't need the cheese. I'll be making this again and again when I need a quick and delicious way to serve asparagus.
Jun 4, 2010
At this time of year, we get tired of eating the vegetable in season. This was wonderful and I didn't just taste that same old asparagus again!