Stir-Fried Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the asparagus, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender. Add the almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce and lemon peel; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 85 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
May 31, 2012
We liked this a lot. It was easy to make and very flavorful even though I left out the lemon rind (on purpose) and the shredded Parmesan garnish (by mistake). It really didn't need the cheese. I'll be making this again and again when I need a quick and delicious way to serve asparagus.
Jun 4, 2010
At this time of year, we get tired of eating the vegetable in season. This was wonderful and I didn't just taste that same old asparagus again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.