Broccoli with Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon water, butter, brown sugar and mustard; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 1 minute; add remaining water. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mustard sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2014
This broccoli was AMAZING! I make broccoli all of the time; we love it but I was getting tired of the same few preparations and tried this last night. Couldn't get enough - keeping this recipe at the front of the line!
Jan 2, 2012
Great broccoli recipe. Will do again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.