Broccoli with Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon water, butter, brown sugar and mustard; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 1 minute; add remaining water. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mustard sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2014
This broccoli was AMAZING! I make broccoli all of the time; we love it but I was getting tired of the same few preparations and tried this last night. Couldn't get enough - keeping this recipe at the front of the line!
Jan 2, 2012
Great broccoli recipe. Will do again.