Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 egg whites
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine beer and egg whites; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Dip asparagus into batter.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry asparagus in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with ranch dressing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2013
first time and will keep trying, over and over till I can master it. What I did was good but had to must batter, but still good
Mar 7, 2010
These are awesome! I'm not big on frying but I will do it for this recipe.