Asparagus Tofu Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add squash; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add onions; stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry tofu, salt, pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add asparagus mixture and tofu; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Feb 7, 2012
This was pretty good, next time I will add some sliced mushrooms to it. Only thing I changed was to replace the soy sauce with Bragg Liquid Aminos bc it is non GMO.
Oct 18, 2010
This was pretty good, but it took the vegetables a longer time to cook
Aug 21, 2010
this was excellent! my entire family enjoyed it, even my veggie picky daughter.
Apr 25, 2009
Very good flavor, a little time consuming but worth it for dinner. Needed more crunchy vegetables and there was plenty of the sauce to support them. I like my stir frys with a lot of veggies. We served over quinoa instead of brown rice and it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.