Asparagus Tofu Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. Add asparagus; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add squash; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add onions; stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry tofu, salt, pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add asparagus mixture and tofu; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2018
Was a nice meal over some brown rice. A little different flavor from other stir-fry recipes, but pretty tasty and a nice use of our asparagus and squash!
Feb 7, 2012
This was pretty good, next time I will add some sliced mushrooms to it. Only thing I changed was to replace the soy sauce with Bragg Liquid Aminos bc it is non GMO.
Oct 18, 2010
This was pretty good, but it took the vegetables a longer time to cook
Aug 21, 2010
this was excellent! my entire family enjoyed it, even my veggie picky daughter.
Apr 25, 2009
Very good flavor, a little time consuming but worth it for dinner. Needed more crunchy vegetables and there was plenty of the sauce to support them. I like my stir frys with a lot of veggies. We served over quinoa instead of brown rice and it was very good.