Asparagus Tuna Noodle Casserole
I updated a traditional tuna casserole using fresh asparagus and asparagus soup. This is so different and so delicious. Use frozen asparagus when not in season. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pouches (6.4 ounces each) light tuna in water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup multigrain snack chips, crushed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. greased slow cooker. Stir in soup, mushrooms, red pepper, onion, lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, 1 teaspoon paprika, garlic salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours.
- Stir in asparagus and tuna. Cook, covered, on low until asparagus is crisp-tender, 1 hour longer. Serve with cheese, crushed chips and bacon. Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 338 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Tuna Noodle Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.