Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half the noodle mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 319 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 22, 2018
My family really enjoyed this dish. I thought it was very simple to put together. I added more than the amount of cheese it called for because we love cheese. I also left out the sour cream because we didn't have any like I thought we did. I will be making this again.
May 17, 2017
Over cheesy. Didn't think the cheddar belonged on the top.
May 24, 2016
A little time consuming, but tasty. I left out the sugar.
Jan 22, 2016
This recipe actually surprised me!! I was a little skeptical about combining cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream, I thought it would have been too much! I read the reviews, and added some Italian sausage, green peppers and onions. It was so good....comforting on a cold day and very creamy. Will definitely make again!!!!
Oct 19, 2015
Results were split. Two liked it and two did not. I found it to gooey like, with no real flavor. very bland in my opinion. Will not make again.
Apr 9, 2015
Loved this!! I did not use anything low fat or fat free and it needed a little bit more seasoning, but otherwise, yummy and easy!!
May 18, 2014
Delicious! Used 2lbs of ground beef...also substituted a jar of tomato basil marinara instead of canned tomato sauce and doubled the green onions. The whole family gave it thumbs up. Will definitely make again!
May 11, 2014
Pretty good & simple to make. Next time I may try adding salsa and black olives, or using a mix of sausage and hamburger.
May 6, 2014
This is filling. That is all the good I can say about it. It is tasteless. If you want pasta, you'd be better off frying up some hamburger and adding it to Kraft Mac & Cheese, or using a box of Hamburger Helper. With cheese as expensive as it is, don't waste it on this tasteless dish. We have a lot of leftovers which I hope to entice people to eat by adding jarred spaghetti sauce. It was a pain to make, too--lots of dirty pans. If you're looking for a yummy hamburger noodle dish, keep looking!
Apr 18, 2014
This casserole is very easy and taste like a hamburger. I have made this many times and it is easy to throw together for my family.