Beef Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients. Drain noodles; stir into mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 358 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2017
This recipe is delightfully tasty and filling!! We will fix this again!!
Feb 6, 2016
I had read the reviews before making this and was excited to try it. I made it as is and found it very bland. We are a casserole family and we have them all the time but this one will not go into my make again bag.
Aug 6, 2015
So easy to make! A family favorite & one of my go to recipes to take to new moms!
Mar 9, 2015
Just sub a couple cans of ROTEL instead tom.and tom. soup and you are on your .way
May 29, 2013
Not bad at all for a last minute meal using what I had on hand. I had diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, no corn or the green and jalapeno peppers. I had a pack of hot Italian sausage that I browned and sliced in place of the ground beef. I also added some Italian seasoning and some chopped garlic. Next time will add the corn and the green pepper. Will definitely make this again.
May 29, 2013
Not bad at all for a last minute meal using what I had in the pantry. I had diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, no corn or the green and jalapeno peppers. I had a pack of hot Italian sausage that I browned and sliced in place of the ground beef. I also added some Italian seasoning and some chopped garlic. Next time will definitely add the corn and the green pepper. Will definitely make this again.
May 26, 2013
Enjoyed this a lot. It is quite hearty and flavorful. I probably used a little more cheese than it called for on top. Also, I did not put canned mushrooms in because I do not like them. I used fresh mushrooms (5 medium largish) and cooked them with the onion
May 7, 2012
Very Good!!! The only change I made was I used diced a red pepper in place for the pimientos
Nov 2, 2011
Very good. I substituted mild green chiles and doubled the chili powder because we don't like jalapenos. Everyone enjoyed it.
Aug 16, 2011
VERY GOOD RECIPE THANKS FOR SHARING I DID HAVE TYO CHANGE IT ALITTLE BIT FOR MY PICKY EATERS I SKIPPED THE JALAPENOS AND MUSHROOMS BUT ADDED A CAN OF ROTELS DICED TOMATOES WITH GREEN CHILES AND SKIPPED THE PIMENTOS AS WELL. DEFINTLEY WILL BE MAKING AGAIN :)