Sausage Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (8 servings each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the soup, sour cream and blue cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in the noodles, sausage, mushrooms, pimientos and green pepper.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Nov 2, 2015
My husband and I both lilked this dish. It was easy to put together and the bread crumb topping gave it that little bit of crunch. I will definately be making this again.
Oct 5, 2014
I used Italian hot sausage and a whole green pepper, chopped. I cooked the green pepper with the sausage toward the end of the cooking time. I did not include mushrooms or pimientos. I used shredded Monterey Jack with jalapeño peppers instead of blue cheese and doubled the amount. It had some kick and we loved it!
Oct 14, 2010
we all liked this one but i did skip the blue cheese as im not a fan we added corn to it as well. will def make this a reg meal in our menu