Sausage ‘N’ Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 5 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the salt, oregano, paprika and garlic salt; sprinkle half over potatoes.
- Arrange sausage and chicken over the potatoes. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1109mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 26, 2014
I thought this was very bland and the chicken turned out very dry. I ended up making chicken barley soup with the leftover chicken and ate the sausage and potatoes separate.
Apr 11, 2013
Yummy! Will definitely make again.
Mar 26, 2013
This is a very tastey dish which we all enjoyed. Definitely would make it again.
Nov 11, 2011
Really easy and flavorful! A great hit with my whole family. The potatoes were nice and soft and the seasoning blend was delicious. I actually used hot italian turkey sausage and it turned out great.
Nov 5, 2011
It took 4 hours to soften the potatoes and cook the chicken... Seriously. The driest chicken I have ever tasted. Waste of my Friday evening and such a dissapointment. And I DID follow the instructions.
Feb 12, 2011
Very good! My hubby loved this.
May 13, 2009
Great recipe! Country style very good
Dec 18, 2008
Made this last night. Very good! Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.