Chicken & Egg Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and noodles. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake until bubbly, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 446 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
This was a wonderful recipe I used left over rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I also add some garlic powder onion powder parsley flakes
Sep 27, 2019
This is awesome. So much creamier then the recipe I use to use. I just added some mix veg to mine, but made it exactly as the recipe calls for aside from that. I always sneak in veg on my boyos.
Aug 30, 2019
Great "go-to" recipe! This is an easy recipe to sub out ingredients with. Thank you!
Apr 15, 2019
I've made this as written and it's very good. Tonight I diced celery and onions and browned in butter. I also added a little onion powder to the mixture and doubled the topping. It was very yummy.
Mar 11, 2019
Very tasty. Everyone loved it. Didn't go to far off the recipe.Ii added some peas and grated cheese.
Feb 20, 2019
Made this tonight for dinner, was really good. did add 1 1/2 cups Colby jack cheese, and 1 teaspoon onion powder. Hubby thought it was definitely a keeper.
May 28, 2018
My husband really loves this casserole and once I started doubling the liquid mixture, I loved it too. I like my casseroles creamier versus drier and I found that by doubling the liquid, it was the perfect consistency for a creamy casserole.
Oct 5, 2017
Comfort food in a bowl!
Feb 6, 2017
I liked this recipe after adding onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms and some added seasoning per the reviews I read. Peas would be nice for some folks who like peas. The base recipe is perfect
Jan 31, 2017
To make this a complete meal, we added frozen peas before baking. My husband can't eat spicy or heavily seasoned food, so the sour cream added just enough zip to make this recipe a winner in our home.