Creamy Corn and Noodle Casserole
The cheese and noodles give this dish a unique flavor. I got the recipe from a cousin, who brought this casserole to a family reunion.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated though.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 181 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Corn Casserole in Country Extra January 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.