Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup uncooked kluski or other egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute carrot and celery until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth, cream and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until noodles are al dente, 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 285 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2017
From one Missouri cook to another, this was delicious! I added a little chopped onion along with the carrots and celery and I didn't have carrots to shred, so I just added about half a bag of frozen carrots (sliced) in with the celery and onion. So good and very easy to make.
Mar 22, 2017
We made this tonight with leftover turkey breast that we roasted in the slow cooker with thyme. We did not use the butter nor the cheese in this recipe and we only had skim milk on hand so no half and half only skim milk for cream. It was nice and light and had good flavor.
Mar 6, 2017
A very easy soup and incredibly tasty! I didn't even have leftovers the first time I made it! I'll be making this again soon!