Easy Turkey Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1-3/4 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen egg noodles
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, carrots, onion and celery to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the noodles. Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in turkey and peas. Combine gravy mixes and cold water until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 388 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1106mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 22, 2014
This was really good with a few adjustments....I didn't have enough chicken broth so I used left over turkey stock. I don't know if it was because of that but it needed a little extra seasoning. I added chicken cubes about 8. It also needed a little salt but other than that it was good. It could have been because of the turkey stock. Even still it was a huge hit with the family.
Jan 25, 2010
This is so yummy! I made it just like the recipe said (other than using chicken instead of turkey). I took a batch to work and got compliments galore on it! Thanks for such a delicious recipe!!