Herbed Roast Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°.With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Combine lemon juice and oil; brush under the skin. Combine the pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic salt; rub over turkey.
- Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. baking dish. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Pour wine into the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 285 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 medium-fat meat.
Jan 2, 2018
OMG, this recipe was perfect!!! One addition, an extra stalk of celery because I had it, but certainly not needed. I did NOT use a rack - just placed the breast on top of the veggies. This is a keeper recipe!!! Thanks TOH!
Nov 24, 2017
This was the best turkey breast I have ever cooked. Had a 7 lb. breast & did put it on a rack. Used extra chicken broth, but otherwise followed the recipe. 2 1/2 hrs. later reached 165 degrees & rested for 30 min. had a perfectly cooked juicy turkey breast.
Oct 30, 2016
The timing and temperatures are spot-on with this recipe. The skin on mine was deeply golden just like in the picture above. I think next time I would cook it on a rack, to let the fat drain away, instead of on top of vegetables.(Looking at the recipe again, I see that I added too much lemon juice, so I take full blame for the sauce being a bit more acidic we would have preferred.)
Sep 25, 2016
Very good and very easy. I did not have lemon juice so I used lime and it was very tasty.
Nov 26, 2015
This is the BEST turkey I have ever tasted! The turkey is very flavorful and moist, and smells soooo good while cooking. I didn't have any lemon juice so I used orange juice instead. I also substituted garlic powder plus 1/8 teaspoon of salt for the garlic salt that the recipe calls for - it turned out just fine. This recipe is fantastic!!!!
Dec 6, 2014
I used this recipe for my Thanksgiving turkey and it was very good. I followed the recipe as written and the turkey was perfect. Will definitely prepare again.
Oct 22, 2013
I usually Brine turkey, however didn't have time and followed the recipe. OMG my family loved it! So moist and flavorful! As my husband and I were cleaning up, we couldn't stop our self's from eating more turkey, after we were stuffed! So good! The Gravy was divine! I WILL ALWAYS DO TURKEY THIS WAY!!!!
Nov 11, 2012
Apr 5, 2011
OMG! I have been following an Alton Brown recipe for at least the past 5 years. NO LONGER! THIS IS PERFECT! My Grandmother said it's the best turkey breast she's ever had.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.