Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 165 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 28, 2017
Just like my mother in lae
Feb 19, 2016
I was looking for some help to make a rich gravy for Thanksgiving turkey dinner. This one was delicious. I love the white pepper seasoning, and the milk makes it very creamy and delicious.
Sep 12, 2015
This recipe is how I learned to make perfect gravy. I was never consistent. Now it's perfect everytime. I have this recipe memorized
Feb 16, 2014
I made this at Christmas dinner, it was bland and very light color. My own homemade gravy is better and will make that next time.
Nov 30, 2013
Delicous and easy!
Nov 29, 2013
Very easy and tasty; and I didn't add any bouillon or broth. I had an herb rub on my turkey, and sliced celery and onion underneath it.
Nov 27, 2013
Great and easy
Nov 27, 2013
Just as advertised, foolproof. For those of you that said it lacked flavor you wanted, that is easy to fix. Your gravy will leap up the flavor scale by what you place under the turkey skin and over the outside of the bird. We use a herbed mayo under the skin and all around the outside. You can also rub the outside w/ bacon drippings as well. Crisp skin and great tasting gravy reguardless of your prep choices.
Oct 27, 2013
This gravy was a hit for our Thanksgiving meal - and since I've tried it, we always make this gravy for Thanksgiving. Sometimes it turns out a little thick so I think it with a little more stock. Great flavor!
Dec 28, 2012
I've been searching for a gravy recipe that was easy to make during the last minute rush of preparing a holiday dinner. I also tend to make minor errors in recipes so the foolproof name attracted me. I've made this twice now and it tastes great. I've been lucky enough to have plenty of turkey juices so I haven't had to supplement with chicken stock.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.