Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 large apple (Jonagold or Honeycrisp), peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup apple brandy
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add apple; saute until dark brown, adding 1 teaspoon butter to prevent scorching. Remove from heat; add brandy. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add broth and salt. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree apple mixture. Return to saucepan; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining butter. If desired, add pepper.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 36 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 13, 2019
Amazing recipe, but couldn’t get Apple Brandy. But Apricot Brandy works good as well, and if you wanna get rid of the bitter taste abit, throw in a dash and a half of brown sugar. To thicken, use alittle flour an oil. It went amazing with my Pork Schnitzel Dinner Special. People loved it