Orange Tarragon Gravy
Tarragon adds terrific flavor to this gravy, while orange juice adds a bit of sweetness. —Shirley Bedzis, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Turkey drippings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat. Add enough water to the drippings to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and orange juice until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 198 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Orange Terragon Gravy in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Nov 21, 2013
This recipe is awesome. I have made it for thanksgiving dinner with my turkey drippings from an electric roaster. Absolutely great. My family asks me to make this every year!