Pressure-Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
Homemade applesauce is a breeze in the Instant Pot. A few minutes of prep and a short cook time will put this cinnamon applesauce on the table very quick! —Ally Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 5 pounds apples (about 15 medium), peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Mash apples with a potato masher or use an immersion blender until blended. Serve warm or store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 101 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce in Taste of Home August/September 2019