Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 6 pounds apples (about 18 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the apples, sugar, water, salt and cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Turn off heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Mash if desired. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 105 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 14, 2019
This was very good. I added about half the butter the recipe called for. I think this would be a delicious apple pie filling also. I'll make this again.
Nov 8, 2015
This was delish! We left out the salt, butter & vanilla for a more natural taste. Very good, will definitely make again. 10 times better than any store bought applesauce & so easy to make!
Oct 14, 2013
I've always made applesauce in the slow cooker. I couldn't find my usual recipe so I went searching and found this one. Absolutely Fabulous!!! I made not changes at all.
Sep 29, 2013
Great applesauce and easy to make. I love to slow cook the apple sauce on 'high' for 4 hours.