Pressure-Cooker Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, chopped
- Optional toppings: Sliced apples and toasted pecans
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Stir in chopped apple. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). If desired, top servings with sliced apples, pecans and additional syrup.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 171 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 6, 2019
It may be the type of steel cut oats that I used, (McCann) but after two cycles of even 7 minutes on high it was still very watery, so I added another 1/2 cup steel cut oats and did it again at 7 minutes just to give it more time and then it was great. I did the 6 cups water and 1.5 cups homemade applesauce, no maple syrup. ( we add after done individually if desired) So for me it worked out very well with two cups of steel cut oats with the quantity of water and sauce. Would do again with that in mind. I got about 6 cups total. As it cools and gets reheated it may need more water or milk added so that will help increase the volume . Good way to use up lots of applesauce. Nice fall oatmeal.