Pressure-Cooker Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
I absolutely love this one-dish oatmeal. The steel cut oats have so much flavor and texture. My family loves to sprinkle toasted pecans on top. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, chopped
- Optional toppings: Sliced apples and toasted pecans
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press cancel.
- Stir in chopped apple. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). If desired, top servings with sliced apples, pecans and additional syrup.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 171 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.