Pressure-Cooker Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
I absolutely love this one-dish oatmeal. The steel-cut oats have so much flavor and texture. My family loves to sprinkle toasted pecans on top. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 5 min. + releasing
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, chopped
- Optional toppings: Sliced apples and toasted pecans
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Stir in chopped apple. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (oatmeal will thicken upon standing). If desired, top servings with sliced apples, pecans and additional syrup.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 171 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal in Skinny Instant Pot