Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, chopped
- Sliced apples, toasted pecans and additional maple syrup, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in apples. If desired, top servings with apples, pecans and syrup.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 171 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2019
Great breakfast on a cold and snowy morning. I added the apple right in with the oats and cooked it all together and was very glad I did. Tasty and filling.
Nov 1, 2018
Great recipe. I added the apples with all of tge otger ingredients. Added great flavor and Asia like the texture. I used an older slow cooker so the apples were still intact.