Raspberry Pie with Oat Crust
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, combine the flour, oats and salt. While processing, slowly drizzle in oil. Gradually add water until a ball forms. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; invert dough into a 9-in. pie plate. Remove remaining waxed paper.
- Trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, heat water over medium heat. Whisk in pudding mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Whisk in gelatin until completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 167 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 16, 2012
A Sugar-free Pie, how yummy. My husband enjoyed it too.
Aug 11, 2010
Loved this sugar free pie. I doubled the recipe and made two pies. The crust was especially good and flaky.
Jul 20, 2010
Excellent! My family just loved it! You couldn't tell it was sugar-free, and it was perfect to serve on a hot, humid day.
Jul 12, 2010
One of the best pies I've ever had.
Jun 28, 2010
I forgot to rate it! Also, is there a way to make the oatmeal crust w/o a food processor? sounds tasty
Jun 28, 2010
I found the SF cook-n-serve pudding at a Walmart superstore. Since I don't have a food processor, I used a graham cracker crust and used fresh strawberries w/SF strawberry Jello. My diabetic husband raved over it!
Jun 27, 2010
I made this last week for my husband and he loved it
Jun 26, 2010
Awesome One of the best recipes I have found for a diabetics desert.
Jun 25, 2010
GREAT PIE! I used strawberries and it was a great hit at my workplace. I am going to be making this many times this summer. The crust is great also. I am going to use that with other types of pies.
Jun 25, 2010
Excellent pie. Mine looked exactly like the picture. Couldn't find sugar free cook and serve so used instant, deducting 1/4 cup water from pudding to heat and dissolve my jello. Everyone loved the crust. Fabulous!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.