Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 552 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 10, 2016
This is a yummy pie! too sweet.
Nov 24, 2015
Could anyone please tell me if this recipe is designed for a deep dish or a traditional pie plate? Thanks!
Sep 7, 2015
Since I am a Vermonter, I thought it would be great to try this sticky sweet pie.. Thank you Barbie! There is great nutritional value in pure maple syrup, 200 years ago it was discovered that pure maple syrup and baking soda ( aluminum free) killed cancer cells!please research this for yourself.
Mar 14, 2015
Excellent maple flavor, cuts nicely, and is simple to make. This recipe is a keeper!
Feb 27, 2015
Awsome pie and couldn't be easier
Feb 4, 2015
Nov 23, 2013
I have made this several times, and have gotten great reviews every time. My mom LOVES this recipe. Definitely a winner!
Nov 25, 2011
I tried this pie recipe for Thanksgiving & it was incredible!! Delicious with ice cream on top. I'll definitely be making this one again!
Nov 20, 2011
AWESOME pie! I'm hoping to win a pie contest with it tomorrow :)
Aug 10, 2011
Whole family loved it. Topped with fresh cinnamon whipped cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.