Vermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 612 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 94g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 22, 2019
I really wanted to adore this pie and was excited to bake it, but it wasn't a favorite for our family. I make maple pie tarts often and we all enjoy them, and thought this pie would have a similar taste. (We used the same 100% maple syrup, not pancake syrup.) We found this pie actually not as sweet as expected, which was fine, but the flavor wasn't there. The coconut added a nice consistency on top. The bottom half of the pie was like a pecan pie texture, but the upper half of the pie was a chewy almost coffee cake like texture. We love cinnamon in our house, but found the maple and cinnamon didn't really mix well flavor profile-wise. In the end, none of us finished our slices and we gave the remainder to our neighbor to enjoy.
Nov 10, 2016
This is a yummy pie! too sweet.
Nov 24, 2015
Could anyone please tell me if this recipe is designed for a deep dish or a traditional pie plate? Thanks!
Sep 7, 2015
Since I am a Vermonter, I thought it would be great to try this sticky sweet pie.. Thank you Barbie! There is great nutritional value in pure maple syrup, 200 years ago it was discovered that pure maple syrup and baking soda ( aluminum free) killed cancer cells!please research this for yourself.
Mar 14, 2015
Excellent maple flavor, cuts nicely, and is simple to make. This recipe is a keeper!
Feb 27, 2015
Awsome pie and couldn't be easier
Feb 4, 2015
Nov 23, 2013
I have made this several times, and have gotten great reviews every time. My mom LOVES this recipe. Definitely a winner!
Nov 25, 2011
I tried this pie recipe for Thanksgiving & it was incredible!! Delicious with ice cream on top. I'll definitely be making this one again!
Nov 20, 2011
AWESOME pie! I'm hoping to win a pie contest with it tomorrow :)