Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and vanilla until blended. Add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until apples are tender and top is set, 4-5 hours.
- Stir in remaining milk. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream): 238 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 23, 2019
Yuck. I made this recipe exactly as written. Cooked 3 hrs. It's like mushy oatmeal with no flavor with some apples in it.
Sep 15, 2017
This was delicious! I used old fashioned oatmeal and used cinnamon,next time I will use raisins too.mu husband and I will have leftovers for breakfast,just have to heat the milk
Sep 1, 2015
I made this recipe for my husband and I for dessert after supper... It was really good! I didn't put apple pie spice in ( I didn't have it ), or the milk after cooking it. All in all a good recipe and something I would not have thought up myself! We also thought it would be a good breakfast food.