Apple Pie Oatmeal Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and vanilla until blended. Add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until apples are tender and top is set, 4-5 hours.
- Stir in remaining milk. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2017
This was delicious! I used old fashioned oatmeal and used cinnamon,next time I will use raisins too.mu husband and I will have leftovers for breakfast,just have to heat the milk
Sep 1, 2015
I made this recipe for my husband and I for dessert after supper... It was really good! I didn't put apple pie spice in ( I didn't have it ), or the milk after cooking it. All in all a good recipe and something I would not have thought up myself! We also thought it would be a good breakfast food.