This delicious pie recipe came from my mother. My husband especially enjoys it during the holidays. I have shared the pie crust with many others because it's flaky and so easy to roll out. We even use it at our children's school when apple pies are made for a fund-raiser.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, oats, coconut, butter, eggs and vanilla. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange pecans on top of pie; bake 30 minutes more or until well browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 477 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.