Apple Oatmeal Crisp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with water. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 257 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2015
They probably forgot to list the oats in the recipe. I'm making it and I'm adding 1/2 cup old fashioned oats to the flour mixture. I'm sure it will work. I'm also going to bake it rather than microwave it. I'll bake it for 50-60 minutes at 350.
Aug 26, 2013
It sounds really good but it doesn't call for any oats. Unsure why it's "Apple OATMEAL Crisp"
Oct 9, 2010
I made it for guest and everyone loved it. I'm making it again today. I like the fact that it saves energy.
Dec 9, 2009
I substituted 1/2 the flour with quick-cooking oats.