Apple Oatmeal Crisp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with water. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 257 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Mar 16, 2015
They probably forgot to list the oats in the recipe. I'm making it and I'm adding 1/2 cup old fashioned oats to the flour mixture. I'm sure it will work. I'm also going to bake it rather than microwave it. I'll bake it for 50-60 minutes at 350.
Aug 26, 2013
It sounds really good but it doesn't call for any oats. Unsure why it's "Apple OATMEAL Crisp"
Oct 9, 2010
I made it for guest and everyone loved it. I'm making it again today. I like the fact that it saves energy.
Dec 9, 2009
I substituted 1/2 the flour with quick-cooking oats.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.