Maple Apple Baked Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels or pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, oil and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in apple.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 305 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 4, 2019
Delicious and an easy way to have breakfast ready to go!
May 15, 2018
So Delicious! I added Turkish apricots. Thank you, Megan, for sharing this recipe.
Mar 24, 2018
I am giving it 5 stars; however, family would give it 3 stars. They don't understand that this is NOT a sweet bake. I think this is why I like it. I did up the cinnamon and next time I will even add more. This will make me a good breakfast in the morning.
Mar 18, 2018
Substituted almond milk for the fat free milk, and because I only had a 13x9 pan, I increased the oats to 3 1/2 cups. Great the first day, and also reheated well. Will definitely be making it again with other fruits!
Jan 22, 2018
Baked this up Sunday morning for breakfast. So good! The maple adds just enough sweet to this dish. Add a splash of heavy cream over the top for a touch of indulgence.