Baked Apple Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a large saucepan, heat milk, brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 6g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2011
I omitted the raisins and wheat germ, and used steel cut oats. The apples countered the bitterness of the oats, and I loved the crunchiness from the walnuts. So far, this is the best way I've found to use steel cut oats. It was easy to halve this recipe for a small casserole.