Spiced Apricot Baked Oatmeal
Eat these spiced oatmeal squares while they're still warm for a cozy morning treat. I freeze mine in single servings so I can grab, go and microwave when I get to work. I'm not too humble to say I have the best breakfast in the office. —Ellie Martin Cliffe, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients; stir in oats, apricots and pecans. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla; gradually whisk in melted butter. Stir into oat mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cut into 12 portions; serve with toppings.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled portions of oatmeal in airtight freezer containers. To use, microwave each portion on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Serve with toppings.