Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Fat-free milk, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water, pineapple juice and salt to a boil over medium heat. Stir in oats; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without milk): 323 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 10, 2016
I mad this oatmeal at night for my husband who works very early in the morning. He reheated at work and he loved it. I saved a little for myself and I also reheated later the next morning. I added 1tsp of water before putting in microwave, It was excellent!!! Love this recipe.
Jan 8, 2016
This oatmeal is wonderful. Both filling and tasty while getting in some fruit servings. I did add a pat of butter and milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.