Christmas Morning Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped pecans, dried cranberries or sliced apples, optional
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Dot with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, water, juice and salt; pour over apple mixture. Cook, covered, on low until liquid is absorbed, 7-8 hours. Serve warm; top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 9, 2015
This was a little too sweet for my taste. I love the idea of cooking in the slow cooker the night before. So I'm going to be changing the recipe to fit my taste. But I thought there was a little too much cinnamon and nutmeg in it.
Aug 27, 2013
Very good but too tart, I made with substituting half of the juice for water & still too strong for me. I will use this recipe again & vary it some. My hubby liked it :)