Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
—Sarah Farmer, Test Kitchen Director Taste of Home
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 medium Gala or Honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Toasted, chopped nuts, optional
- In a small container or mason jar, combine all ingredients. Seal; refrigerate overnight. Yield: 1 serving.
Many folks love it cold but I like to heat it up a little since I'm not a big fan of it right out of the fridge.
Go ahead and use any type of milk you'd like. Unsweetened almond milk adds a nice subtle nuttiness.
Add a handful of nuts for crunch, flavor and extra health benefits.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 349 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Apple Overnight Oats in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.