Hearty Baked Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place oats in a large bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and set.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 9, 2012
Delicious when fresh from the oven. Received rave reviews from friends. Not as good reheated the next day. Used about 1/3 c maple syrup as the apples sweeten things up. A hint more cinnamon would be good.
Nov 20, 2011
My only complaint is how long this takes to make, especially when I am hungry in the morning. But, my husband loves it and it is a special treat for us to have on a cool morning.
Jun 1, 2010
Loved this recipe. Added some almonds. Will be making quite often.
Dec 29, 2009
I love this recipe! I make it often.
Jan 3, 2009
YUM! Sprinkled a little brown sugar and sliced almonds on top!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.