Pineapple Bread Pudding
Pineapple puts a different twist on this moist and flavorful bread pudding from Margie Behnke of Neenah, Wisconsin. "This festive pudding couldn't be easier to make or more delicious to dish up," shares Margie. "And it's just wonderful reheated."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 10 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes; turn over and bake 4 minutes longer or until very light brown. Cut toasted bread into 1-in. cubes. Toss with melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Add the pineapple, currants, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 348 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.