Pineapple Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside half of the flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk butter and eggs. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 170 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 13, 2014
The batter is heavy (because liquid needed for the dough comes from the pineapple) so mixing it by hand is recommended. There's nothing artificial about this recipe. The resulting bread has a wonderful fresh flavor without being overly sweet. Cinnamon sugar on top gives it a nice complimentary finish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.