Pineapple Zucchini Bread with Walnuts
Warm on the inside with a slightly crunchy crust, Nancy Skramstead's Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a delicious addition to any plate. Just imagine waking up on a weekend morning with the smell of fresh baked bread in the air; breakfast simply couldn't be better. Nancy sends this recipe from Billings, Montana.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 243 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 4, 2014
When I tried to remove this from the pan it all fell apart.
Aug 9, 2013
This was very good and easy, used less sugar 1 1/2 cups. Very moist! I made a bread and 12 muffins.