Mango Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped mangoes
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in mangoes, dates and nuts (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 128 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 17, 2019
Followed the recipe and it came out perfectly! This will be my go to mango bread recipe! I used the smaller foil loaf pans and baked for 45 min. Now I can give some to friends! Thanks for posting it!
Dec 29, 2014
Just tried this recipe & it turned out very well. It is so rich and moist it's hard to resist. I will definitely make it again.
Aug 23, 2013
I made this today and let me tell you, this is a winner. Wow, is it good. I followed the recipe exactly but only used one 9 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch loaf pan. I had to cook it a little longer (about 10-15 minutes longer) and you need to let it cool at least 15 minutes before removing. I only let it cool 10 minutes and part of it stuck. It is absolutely delicious. Here is a link to my review with photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/29/p/886563/7660051.aspx#7660051
Jun 26, 2012
Awesome bread, very moist and flavorful. Since the mango I had was very ripe and sweet, I took off 1/2 cup of the sugar.
Apr 11, 2011
I had some very overripe mangoes that I didn't want to waste, so I flipped through one of my TOH books and found this recipe. I followed it to the "T" and it came out perfect! Very easy to make; very moist and most of all very delicious! NOTE: Don't panic when the batter becomes doughy at the end of step one. Once you add the mangoes into the batter, it moistens up nicely.
Feb 11, 2009
This is moist and delicious. One slice is not enough.