Apple Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup grated peeled apple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in apple and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 12, 2019
I made this last weekend and everyone loved it! I used granny smith apples and chopped walnuts. It was so delicious and I will definitely be making it again very soon!
Feb 23, 2017
I used a granny smith apple and brought this to work. It was wiped out. People were raving over it. Great reaction and it was so quick and as easy to make. Definitely a keeper!
Aug 4, 2014
This is a delicious bread but DOES NOT Freeze well. I have had 3 people tell me this b/c I sell it at an annual bake sale. If eaten fresh, it is delicious.
Nov 8, 2010
I took this to church for a morning snack. Many loved that it had a bit of sweetness on the top, but the bread wasn't overly sweet. I used walnuts that I toasted...I always prefer my nuts in cooking to be toasted! This would also be wonderful with toasted pecans! Very nice and would be wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea!