Zucchini Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
Absolutely delicious! My whole family loves this bread.
Jan 23, 2018
Enjoyed this moist zucchini bread. I used pecans and orange peel, instead of lemon because I didn't have any lemon on hand. it was good. The only thing I will change next time is to reduce the sugar. It is very sweet, and my family prefer breads to be less like a dessert in sweetness.
Nov 26, 2017
This is basically the recipe I've used for years. Everyone who has tasted my zucchini bread wanted more. The addition of lemon peel is new to me.
Nov 13, 2017
I exchanged for Splenda brown sugar and used olive oil instead of vegetable had no lemon zest. It tasted wonderful. Will be using again
Aug 21, 2016
My first zucchini bread; easy and delicious. Used a full cup of pecans. I will definitely make it again.The website is frustrating, however, with all the advertisements.
Jul 11, 2016
I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better.
Jul 7, 2016
My family loves this bread. Because of allergies I substitute 3/4 c of applesauce for the eggs and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for the nuts. It's amazing!
Jul 1, 2016
I left out the cheese but added 1/2 lb cooked salad shrimp & served open face on french bread with fresh fruit & a green salad. A very tasty "cold plate" f or a summer dinner
Jan 27, 2016
Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand.
Jan 20, 2016
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.