Zucchini Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 13, 2017
I exchanged for Splenda brown sugar and used olive oil instead of vegetable had no lemon zest. It tasted wonderful. Will be using again
Aug 21, 2016
My first zucchini bread; easy and delicious. Used a full cup of pecans. I will definitely make it again.The website is frustrating, however, with all the advertisements.
Jul 11, 2016
I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better.
Jul 7, 2016
My family loves this bread. Because of allergies I substitute 3/4 c of applesauce for the eggs and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for the nuts. It's amazing!
Jul 1, 2016
I left out the cheese but added 1/2 lb cooked salad shrimp & served open face on french bread with fresh fruit & a green salad. A very tasty "cold plate" f or a summer dinner
Jan 27, 2016
Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand.
Jan 20, 2016
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it.
Aug 18, 2015
This bread rose the highest of any zucchini bread I have ever made! I used 7 3/4 x 4 1/2 pans and the loaves rose 1/2 inch over the top of the pan. They still came out of the pan just fine. The bread is moist and delicious. The lemon zest gives it a sparkle of flavor. Yay for a new go-to zucchini bread recipe!
Aug 13, 2015
I made it exactly except for lemon zest(didn't have any). Very good recipe great flavor not too dense and flavorful. Will make again
Aug 9, 2015
Made 6 loaves last week! Best zucchini bread ever!