Zucchini Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 5, 2019
I never tell anyone when there is zucchini in the recipe. We use so much during the summer that I hate to admit it's another zucchini recipe. But I didn't mind in this case. It LOOKED beautiful and appetizing with a marbly "crust". I would have been proud to give it as a gift, but family ate it all! I left out the zest -- not a big fan. But nobody missed it!.
Aug 26, 2019
Delicious! And I didn't change a thing! Very moist and flavorful, just the right amount of cinnamon and the lemon zest is a must.
Aug 3, 2019
Delicious! Used pecans rather than walnuts.
Jul 13, 2019
This is my go to recipe for zucchini bread sans lemon otherwise I made it as the recipe directed but I think mixing the zucchini, in with the oil as I found in an old recipe makes more sense. Its easier to mix in the end. I always wring out some of the moisture in the home grown zucchini. I love the sugariness of the top of this bread. This may be the same recipe I had from the 70’s sans the lemon! Love this recipe. Thanks for posting it!
Jun 13, 2018
Absolutely delicious! My whole family loves this bread.
Jan 23, 2018
Enjoyed this moist zucchini bread. I used pecans and orange peel, instead of lemon because I didn't have any lemon on hand. it was good. The only thing I will change next time is to reduce the sugar. It is very sweet, and my family prefer breads to be less like a dessert in sweetness.
Nov 26, 2017
This is basically the recipe I've used for years. Everyone who has tasted my zucchini bread wanted more. The addition of lemon peel is new to me.
Nov 13, 2017
I exchanged for Splenda brown sugar and used olive oil instead of vegetable had no lemon zest. It tasted wonderful. Will be using again
Aug 21, 2016
My first zucchini bread; easy and delicious. Used a full cup of pecans. I will definitely make it again.The website is frustrating, however, with all the advertisements.
Jul 11, 2016
I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better.