Carrot Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately with orange juice to carrot mixture. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 68 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Apr 22, 2012
The taste was good. However, there is TOO much baking powder which makes it collapse. Going to try 1 teaspoon next time and will re-rate at that time.
Aug 15, 2009
I baked as directed and these turned out as flat as could be. Any suggestions? I used the tablespoon of baking powder and it wasn't expired- so, no other clues! Tasted great, though!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.