Apple Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (16 slices each)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff). Spoon into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 185 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 17, 2018
I love making quick breads and my youngest grandson loves zucchini bread and this is one of his favorites.He doesn't care for nuts, so I put in 1 cup of raisins instead.It is a very tasty bread.
Aug 13, 2017
Love this recipe!
Oct 30, 2016
Ok recipe, not sure of the reason for the apples as we couldn't taste them at all all. May make again but with more apples.
Feb 22, 2016
love this recipe have made it many times, so many fruits you can add for an additional flavor.
Oct 27, 2015
Awesome just the way the recipe is stated!
Oct 13, 2015
The bread tasted wonderful. The whole family loved it. DH took some to work, and someone requested the recipe. It was a big hit. The inside was moist, and the outside was nice and crunchy. Mmmmm
Sep 28, 2015
The bread stayed nice and moist. Everyone loved it!
Sep 25, 2015
This bread was too heavy. Too much oil.
Sep 22, 2015
Omitted nuts and used cinnamon chips. Peeled the zucchini and squeezed out most of the liquid. Sprinkle of raw sugar on top for a nice sparkle and crunch. I had to increase the baking time by about 10 minutes.
Sep 17, 2015
wow and yum! I read the reviews and did reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup and also used half oil, half apple sauce and used 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I also used egg beaters (cholesterol issues) and added another cup of zucchini. I needed to increase the bake time by 5 minutes but this is a delicious recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.