Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon each coconut, rum and vanilla extracts
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
- Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pineapple and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Gently remove waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 225 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
This bread was very good good but makes a large batch so I decided make them in mini loaf pans and share with friend’s and family. I will be making these often as everyone loved it!
Sep 26, 2018
What size can of pineapple?
Apr 13, 2018
Recipe is excellent, per reviews only used 2 cups sugar half a cup of coconut for lack of extract. Baked muffins for 35 minutes and small loaf pans for 50 minutes they came out moist and cooked through.
Apr 8, 2018
Love this bread. I also like adding coconut to the top of the loaves for extra texture.
Apr 7, 2018
This recipe is awesome! I followed others advice and used two cups of sugar, and cut the oil in half with applesauce. The 1/2 cup coconut put these over the top!! I made muffins and baked at 350 for 30 minutes. Perfectly done :)
Feb 23, 2018
This was absolutely delicious as written. It will definitely be a repeat in our home!
Aug 31, 2017
Aug 1, 2017
I used canned Apple filling! Fantastic!!!!
Jul 31, 2017
A definite hit with all who sampled!
Jun 6, 2017
Quick breads usually need to bake for at least an hour at 350. Baking this bread for 60 - 65 minutes will eliminate the raw centers that some people had problems with. I baked it for 60 minutes and it was completely done inside. The taste was amazing! What a wonderful change from the standard zucchini bread. I added a heaping 1/2 cup of coconut. Yum!