Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in zucchini and raisins.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 174 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Feb 3, 2015
I use 2 whole eggs instead of just the egg whites, and mine turns out great, not dry at all.
Sep 26, 2010
While this bread initially seemed a little dry, I agree with abbie that over time it became more moist. I added 1/2 cup quick cooking oats and it was fabulous!
Aug 5, 2010
This bread is the best zucchini bread I have ever made! I used my homemade, very low sugar applesauce and reduced the amount of sugar it called for by even more, and it turned out wonderfully! It gets moister as it gets older too.
Oct 24, 2008
I made this bread and it was good, but a little dry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.