Pressure Cooker Apple Comfort
When the temperature drops and winter rolls in, it's the perfect time for this warm and satisfying dessert. —Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 12 min. + releasing
- 1 cup water
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Add 1 cup water to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. souffle or round baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. In another bowl, combine cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Loosely cover dish with foil to prevent moisture from getting into the dish. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 433 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Apple Comfort in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.