Pressure-Cooker Apple Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; pour broth mixture over meat. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. In a small saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add cooking liquid. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 277 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Nov 5, 2019
This was very tasty... lots of flavor! This made a lot of sauce, so I think you can safely double the number of thighs in this recipe. This would be such a simple dish to serve to guests!
Feb 9, 2019
This was amazing. I didn't have chicken broth so used vegetable broth. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs. I served with noodles cooked in the rest of the vegetable broth. I'm going to try again and add some mushrooms.
Jan 14, 2019
smelled good cooking. Easy to make. I used a frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast. 15 minutes high pressure. Served with roasted sweet potatoes and brown rice.
Oct 16, 2017
Husband says it's a keeper! Tender meat & he especially liked the hint of lemon.