Pressure-Cooker Cranberry Apple Red Cabbage
When I was looking for something new, I started playing with flavors and came up with this very tasty dish. My German grandmother would be impressed, I think! The colorful side dish is just right with pork. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth, white wine or unsweetened apple juice, optional
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients; transfer to a 8.5-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 144 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Red Cabbage in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.