Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Mar 2, 2015
This is delicious... so easy and so good!
Feb 12, 2015
This is absolutely delicious! I added 2 chicken bouillon cubes to the mix and 1/4 tsp ground ginger as well. Used Stevia instead of sugar to cut back on the sugar content. Thickened the broth and served it over the pork and whole potatoes that I added to the crock pot. So good!
Jan 28, 2015
Very good. I used 1/4 c of sugar but followed everything else exactly.
Nov 25, 2014
Excellent! Cut back a bit on the sugar and used OJ instead of cranberry! Yum!
Jan 19, 2014
I love this recipe! I have made it 3 times now. I use a 3-4 lb pork loin roast as that is what my grocer carries most often. HIGHLY recommend only using a scant 1/4 c. sugar- you will not miss it, I promise. When I made it this time around, I did not want to take the time to brown the roast so I skipped this step and the results were still fantastic. Definitely only 5-10 mins to prepare this. This is a go-to crock pot dish for me!
Sep 30, 2013
Jun 20, 2013
I made this recipe for the first time today. It was easy and tasted great. The cloves add a nice flavor. At first I was a little concerned about the sugar but it didn't end up tasting too sweet like I feared. I'd definitely make it again.
Jan 13, 2011
My daughter loves making this recipe for us and it turns out perfect every time. Too easy! Makes it even better!
Sep 22, 2010
Excellant and very easy to make. When I'm having a large crowd, I cook a roast in the oven and I make this in the crockpot. No hassles with cooking two meats at the same time!!!
Jan 27, 2010
This is a wonderful dish...and so easy. It takes 10 minutes or less to put together in the morning. The house smells heavenly when I come home after work. I server this to my sister and aunt who are excellent cooks. They loved it! Serve it to impress friends or family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.