Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Sep 16, 2019
Wow! This is excellent. So easy to make. I actually made it on top of the stove on low and it was tasty and so moist. My entire family has asked that I make it again.
Jan 5, 2019
Excellent !! Always a big hit and so easy to prepare!
Mar 2, 2015
This is delicious... so easy and so good!
Feb 12, 2015
This is absolutely delicious! I added 2 chicken bouillon cubes to the mix and 1/4 tsp ground ginger as well. Used Stevia instead of sugar to cut back on the sugar content. Thickened the broth and served it over the pork and whole potatoes that I added to the crock pot. So good!
Jan 28, 2015
Very good. I used 1/4 c of sugar but followed everything else exactly.
Nov 25, 2014
Excellent! Cut back a bit on the sugar and used OJ instead of cranberry! Yum!
Jan 19, 2014
I love this recipe! I have made it 3 times now. I use a 3-4 lb pork loin roast as that is what my grocer carries most often. HIGHLY recommend only using a scant 1/4 c. sugar- you will not miss it, I promise. When I made it this time around, I did not want to take the time to brown the roast so I skipped this step and the results were still fantastic. Definitely only 5-10 mins to prepare this. This is a go-to crock pot dish for me!
Sep 30, 2013
Jun 20, 2013
I made this recipe for the first time today. It was easy and tasted great. The cloves add a nice flavor. At first I was a little concerned about the sugar but it didn't end up tasting too sweet like I feared. I'd definitely make it again.
Jan 13, 2011
My daughter loves making this recipe for us and it turns out perfect every time. Too easy! Makes it even better!